Bearnock Lodge is the perfect place to hold your wedding and celebrate a marriage.
At Bearnock Lodge, Glenurquhart in the beautiful Highlands, we offer several wedding packages. With each of those packages, we apply the rental cost of the house separately. This rental charge varies depending upon the time of year and the length of your stay. The minimum stay is three nights.
Visit the Large Holiday Houses website for current availability and rates.
Please make all bookings for Bearnock Lodge, Glenurquhart via Large Holiday Houses – LHH.
Bearnock Wedding Options
The house can be let for very small (22), informal weddings – there is no charge for this so long as your wedding guest numbers do not exceed the sleeping capacity for the house. We ask you not to move around any pieces of large furniture in the house.
A small wedding (24 – 40) again as with option one but with additional guests over and above the sleeping capacity of the house. There will be a facility charge which will depend upon the extra number of guests attending. This is likely to be between £50 and £500 in addition to the house rental charge.
Your own ‘DIY’ wedding day at the house with 40 – 60 guests. (without Bearnock Lodge’s involvement).
The facility fee for this is £1000 in addition to the house rental charge. For this amount of people, the erection of a marquee on the grass ‘tennis’ lawn at the front of the house is essential. External power is available in this location. The company we would recommend are North of Scotland Marquees who know Bearnock Lodge. Portable toilets must also be hired. All set-up and take-down times must be included in the ‘rental time’ for the house.
There is plenty of space for cars at Bearnock, so parking is not an issue. We also offer reasonable access for deliveries, including a Marquee.
The house must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure, and the client must arrange for it to be left as found. Furniture should be in its original location. Additionally, please clean the cooker and ovens. All crockery, glassware, pots, etc. washed and put away; floor areas cleaned, and all empty bottles placed in the appropriate area for recycling.
We suggest that if you book the house for a week, the wedding should take place midweek to allow caterers, marquee firms, florists, etc. time to bring/remove their equipment in time for the client to thoroughly tidy up before their departure.
Weddings at Bearnock – Included in your stay:
Bearnock Lodge, Glenurquhart is ideal for those seeking an intimate ‘Do it yourself’ wedding amid the beautiful Scottish Highlands however we are happy to include the following for your stay:
- A large selection of wine glasses and champagne glasses
- A red carpet to lay out where necessary
- Linen style draping tablecloths for the dining room (which seats 24)
- Our Housekeeper is at the end of the phone in case of any problems
- We have recently completed a unique Arbour/Summer house which offers lots of decorative opportunities. You may also use it as a focal point for photos. Some bunting, outdoor cushions and portable solar ‘egg’ lights are available already at the house.
- A large panelled drawing room or extensive grounds to hold the wedding.
The Bearnock Little Black Book of Wedding Suppliers:
Please find below details of local service providers, close to Glenurquhart. All of these businesses have been recommended by residents in Drumnadrochit or have been used by guests at Bearnock Lodge previously.
PIPERS & MUSIC:
- Allan the Piper – Visit the Facebook page
- Highland Piper Ally Stevenson Visit the Facebook page
- Local Ceilidh band – Iron Broo – Visit the website
HAIR AND BEAUTY:
- Kirsteen Young. Kirsteen has a great deal of wedding experience and may be able to visit Bearnock Lodge – Visit the website
- Hairtistic – Kerrsty Douglas-Surtees – 01456 450118
- J F H Design: Jennifer Dawes – 01463 220551
- Express Beauty – Janine Joy Hyslop – 07758 321413
INVITATIONS, FAVOURS, STATIONARY:
- Wedding Ness-cesities – Visit the website
- Delicate Catering. Have catered at Bearnock many times and know the house well. Their food and service are excellent. – Contact Martin on 07540 535067
- DM Catering. Donnie Macleod, Event Catering. 01667 451850 07907 021973 – Visit the website
- Corner On The Square. Delicious deli in Beauly who will also deliver to Bearnock. 01463 783000 – Visit the website
- Scotkilt Inverness – Visit the website
- Halde Pottinger Humanist Celebrant – Visit the Facebook page
- Scott Ireland Photography – Michelle Scott and Craig Ireland – 07852 255221/01456 459147
- Karen Wotherspoon Photography – 07901 615910
- Cake Craft – Janette MacPherson – Visit the Facebook page
- Angela Stewart – Visit the website