With summer only just arrived, it seems wrong to be writing this article now. But, we know that many of you will already be thinking about booking your autumn holidays. If you’ve not considered the Highlands of Scotland for your break later in the year, this post is for you. Read on to discover why you should visit beautiful Bearnock in autumn.
Autumn Holidays in the Highlands of Scotland:
Bearnock Lodge in the Highlands of Scotland is the most magical place in any season, but in Autumn, it shines! Here are three reasons you should book your Autumn holidays at Bearnock.
No passport required:
Overseas travel continues to come with restrictions. Even countries on the green list come with testing requirements, and while the requirement for that is understandable, a staycation remains the most viable option for many UK residents. At the moment, travel between England and Scotland comes with just a few restrictions. Visit the Gov.scot website for all the latest updates. And remember, we offer a full COVID Refund Policy – If lockdown rule changes affect your booking, we offer a FULL REFUND GUARANTEE for any bookings made directly with Bearnock Lodge.
Flexible accommodation for you and your friends:
Bearnock Lodge comes under the “Highland” Council area, and we move to Level 1 restrictions from 5th June. By autumn, we hope to move to Level 0, which means up to 8 people from up to 4 households can socialise indoors in a private dwelling. Furthermore, up to 15 people from up to 15 households can socialise outdoors.
At Bearnock, our accommodation is flexible. We can split the main house into two self-contained wings. With the front wing sleeping up to six and the rear wing sleeping four. Furthermore, we can accommodate up to four in the Log Cabin and two in Waterfall Cottage. Our charges for both the Log Cabin and Waterfall Cottage are extremely modest and only in place to cover cleaning.
So, if you are booking for groups of up to fifteen people, you will be able to socialise in your smaller groups inside your separate accommodation and come together outside in the beautiful Bearnock Lodge grounds. We offer a beautiful Arbour/Summer house, the perfect space for you to seek shelter if socialising outside.
A Feast for the Senses:
Autumn is a perfect opportunity to enjoy everything beautiful Scotland has to offer:
- See the sights – Just a mile or so down the road, you’ll discover the spectacular ruins of Urquhart Castle on the banks of Loch Ness. But to be honest, it doesn’t matter what direction you drive (or walk) in; the scenery will astound you.
- Listen to the wildlife – From the bellow of the deer to the thousands of geese that honk from overhead to let you know they’ve arrived.
- Smell the woodlands – Practise the Japanese art of Shinrin-Yoku (forest bathing)… Inhale the deep, woody, earthy aromas of the Glenurquhart Forest right on your doorstep.
- Taste Scotland – Visit one of the fabulous restaurants close to Bearnock. We’ve shared some of our favourite eateries HERE. Alternatively, visit a local deli, farmer’s market or farm shop to pick up some wonderful local produce and then cook up a storm in one of the fabulous, well-equipped kitchens at Bearnock.
- Finally, feel the warm hospitality of the Highlands – Wherever you go, you’ll be guaranteed a warm greeting of ‘Hullo, hoo’s it gaun?‘
If you’re ready to book your autumn holidays in the Highlands of Scotland, you can check availability under our booking calendar. If the property is showing available and you would like to book for a smaller group, please CONTACT US to discuss your requirements.